If Data Recovery Services no longer be read from a hard drive in the normal way due to a defect, only a specialized laboratory can save the data. In the case of a defective hard disk, the data itself is usually not damaged, the fault usually lies in the electronics or mechanics of the drive.
A laboratory has to open the plate and analyze it. In the best case, the defective component can be replaced. In the worst case, the magnetic disks must be read using special methods. In any case, the procedure is complex and expensive, usually too expensive for private use.
Free data recovery for Iron Wolf drives :
Owners of Iron Wolf hard drives can count themselves lucky here, because Seagate offers Facebook Data Recovery Services for Iron Wolf drives for three years free of charge. While the service was previously reserved for Iron Wolf Pro drives, Seagate now offers the service for all Iron Wolf drives shipped after January 1, 2020. Seagate is obviously very convinced of the quality of the Iron Wolf disks, otherwise you couldn’t simply add such an expensive service for free.
Benefits of Rescue Data Recovery Services for data recovery :
- Access to a team of knowledgeable data recovery experts
- An attempt at data recovery in the laboratory
- An encrypted storage device with recovered data if recovery was successful
- Seagate claims a 95% success rate for data recovery from SSDs and HDDs
Data recovery process :
Seagate describes the data recovery process on the Rescue Data Recovery Services page . The process is summarized as follows:
- Commissioned through Seagate Support
- Shipment to lab with Seagate-supplied and paid for shipping label
- Status updates via email inform about the processing status
- The recovery attempt will be made in the next 15 working days after submission
- If the recovery is successful, the data will be sent back on an encrypted storage device.
- If recovery is unsuccessful, the drive will be securely destroyed or, if desired, returned.
Know More : https://aqua-zengarden.com/